Welcome to Sacred Heart Catholic Church
A Catholic Parish since 1874.
"Called to live and share the message of Jesus Christ through spirituality, hospitality, service, education and with respect for life"
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
4505 Elizabeth Street
Texarkana, Texas 75503
Lessons In Liturgy - The Lord’s Prayer During Mass: Should We Hold Hands? Or Raise Them in the Air?
The practice of holding hands while praying the Our Father comes from the Protestant world. The reason is that Protestants do not have the Real Presence of Christ; that is to say, they do not have real and valid sacramental Communion that joins them among themselves and with God. Therefore, they turn to the gesture of holding hands as a moment of communion in community prayer. - read more.
The Holy League
The Holy League, in fidelity to its mission as a Roman Catholic solidarity movement:
- Provides a Holy Hour format which incorporates: Eucharistic adoration, prayer, short spiritual reflections, the availability of the Sacrament of Confession, Benediction and fraternity;
- Encourages consecration to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and the Purest Heart of Joseph;
- Promotes the Precepts and Sacraments of the Church; especially through devotion to the Most Blessed Sacrament and the praying of the Most Holy Rosary;
- Creates a unified front, made up of members of the Church Militant, for spiritual combat;
- Strives to have a regular monthly Holy League Holy Hour available to men in every Roman Catholic parish.
Join the men of Sacred Heart Parish on the 3rd Sunday of each month for Adoration, begining at 8:00 AM, Benediction at 8:50 AM, Mass at 9:00 AM and fellowship and discussion at 10:00 AM in the parish center.